Welcome to MusLams.com!
Follow us on Twitter:
Or email: contact at muslams dot com
Some observations on "America" and "Islam" as identity:
- Both ascribe to an idea of "exceptionalism"
- Both see themselves as exemplars who can redeem humanity.
- Both call the early part of their expansion "the opening" ("al-futuhat"/"the opening up of the west").
- Both rely on the "founding fathers" concept of nation building (the Salaf/the Founding Fathers).
- Both have a written document, to which all appeals can be made (the Qur'an/the Constitution).